Join Our Online Discussion Forum
This forum is open to anyone who shares in WMFVA's mission and goals.
You do not have to be a paid member of WMFVA to participate, as we consider the forum to be a direct contributor to accomplishing our #2 goal of community building.
In an effort to control spammers, you must join the forum before you can send messages to it.
Join the Forum
WMFVA Forum Policy and Procedures
In order to provide a responsible service, WMFVA requires that each person wishing to participate in this forum agree to be bound by the terms of this agreement. Your continued access to this forum is conditioned on your continuing to abide by these policies and procedures as set up by the WMFVA. The WMFVA's mission is "to promote a thriving film and video production community in West Michigan". This forum is an extension of that mission.
If you have any questions about any part of these policies, please let us know. You may reach us as at .
Forum Policies & Procedures
In order to keep the forum professional, valuable, and useful for all subscribers, WMFVA has established policies and procedures:
- The purpose of this forum is to provide a forum for discussion of issues relating to the film and video industry in West Michigan including student or amateur production activities.
- Please respect other subscribers of the forum. Please feel free to express yourself, but do not write anything to injure or harm other individuals, organizations, or corporations. Subscribers are expected to exercise both common sense and courtesy in the messages they transmit over the forum. Please do not use the forum to defame or disparage a member of the WMFVA or any other person. Defamatory, harassing, sexist, racist, obscene, and other offensive communications are not acceptable forms of communication over the forum, and could lead to legal liability for those engaging in such improper communications. In particular, if you dislike someone else's ideas, you can attack the ideas, but not the person. Please do not challenge or attack the opinions or information presented by others by "flaming". If you have a differing opinion, please express yourself in a professional manner. Please maintain a civil tone on this forum at all times.
- Do not misrepresent yourself, or in any other way conceal your identity, or post anonymous messages on the forum.
- Do not alter the content, or source of a message that has originated from another person's computer with the intent to deceive or forward personal messages without permission.
- Do not use the WMFVA forum for conducting any private business or commercial activity. Commercial activities include, but are not limited to, promotional announcements, product-related press releases, or advertising. Should such messages appear on the forum, WMFVA will not be held liable either directly or indirectly for damages that result from the use of this information. Such messages should immediately be brought to the attention of WMFVA.
- Please ensure that the messages you post to this list are appropriate for this list. Please do not engage in discussions on whether a topic is appropriate or inappropriate for this list. Such discussions take up valuable space on the forum, and distract subscribers away from more meaningful discussions. If inappropriate postings or violations of the forum are noticed, subscribers should not inform the entire group, but should bring this information to the attention of the forum administrator.
- Use descriptive headings for all messages that you post to the forum.
- When asking questions please request that individuals reply directly to you. After all the replies have been gathered, you may post a summary to the list. When replying to messages, do not reply to the entire forum if a reply is directed at a single individual. Replying to the individual may be more appropriate. Replies of a personal nature should not be sent to the forum.
- WMFVA reserves the right to modify or change these policies and procedures.
Monitoring & Enforcement
The forum must be used for intended purposes only and in accordance with the WMFVA's policies and procedures. The forum is subject to periodic audit and monitoring by a moderator. WMFVA may moderate members from the forum for violating this agreement. Such violations may also result in removing access to this list.
Limitation Of Liability & Indemnity
The great danger for us, and for all operators of online forums, is that we might be held accountable for the wrongful actions of our subscribers.
We did not start this forum to take responsibility for others' actions, and we cannot afford to operate it if we must take that responsibility. Accordingly, all subscribers must accept responsibility for their own acts, and to accept that an act by another subscriber that damages them must not be blamed on us, but on the other subscriber. Therefore, as a condition of participation in the forum, participants must agree as follows:
You agree that the WMFVA will not be responsible to you for any indirect, consequential, special or punitive damages or losses you may incur in connection with our forum or any of the data or other materials transmitted through or residing on our forum, even if WMFVA has been advised of the possibility of such damage or loss. In addition, you agree to defend and indemnify WMFVA, its officers, directors, employees, and agents and hold WMFVA, its officers, directors, employees, and agents harmless from and against any and all claims, proceedings damages, injuries, liabilities losses, costs and expenses (including attorneys fees) relating to any acts or omissions by you or materials or information transmitted by you in connection with our forum leading wholly or partially to claims against WMFVA, its officers, directors, employees, or agents or our forum by other users or third parties.
This agreement is the entire understanding between you and WMFVA regarding your relationship to our forum. If either you or we fail to notify the other of any violations of this agreement, this will not mean that you or we cannot notify the other of future violations of any part of this agreement.
User Acknowledgment Acceptance
Your use of this forum constitutes agreement with the WMFVA Listserv Policy and Procedures.