The Cappon House (Holland, West)
Dutch immigrant architect Jan R. Kleyn designed this Italianate style house for Holland's first mayor and tannery owner, Isaac Cappon, and his large family. Owned by the Cappons from 1873 until 1980, the house's stately interiors are furnished with one of the country's largest collections of early Grand Rapids furniture in its original setting. The house was comprehensively restored in 2000 - 2004 including the reproduction of original wallpapers, floor coverings and silk upholstery material. A Visitor Center, in the Cappon barn is the starting point for touring both the Cappon and nearby Settlers houses.
Contact 616.394.6740