Ludington Lighthouse (Ludington, West)
In 1924, the three-story 57 foot pyramid-shaped tower was built at the end of a long concrete pier that ends at Stearns Park. The lighthouse is made of steel and reinforced concrete which sits on a large black concrete base that angles toward the side of the pier. The light was automated in 1972. In 1995, the original Fourth Order Fresnel lens, which was installed in 1954, was taken to nearby White Pine Village Maritime Museum for exhibit. The lighthouse marks the entrance to Pere Marquette Harbor, once a popular shipping lane for ships carrying lumber.